- This event has passed.
Design Community Wellness: I Vote To Insure Community Wellness
October 7 @ 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm
About this Event
CALL TO ACTION: GET OUT THE VOTE 2020
WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 7, @ 7:30 PM
I Vote To Insure Community Wellness : Why Will You Vote?
Join Us Wed. Oct. 7, @ 7:30 pm via Zoom to discuss early voting and to hear from Tanya Golash-Boza a prolific author and sociolgist. Ms. Bosa has authored 5 books and over 50 articles, Opeds, and Essays. Learn about the impact of gentrification on our health and scoring neighborhoods by “walking” down blocks in Google Street View with Ms. Boza. Following talk we will discuss early voting and volunteer opportunities to get out the vote.
– 7:30 -8:00 Guest
– 8:00 – 8:30 Early Voting & Social Media Voter Turnout Strategies
– 8:30 – 9:30 virtual rally exercises your twitter hand …..
Who are we?
We are athletes, fitness professionals, scholars, policy experts, concerned citizens, and activists wanting to do our part and positively impact the outcome of this election.
What do we do?
We organize our communities to be civically engaged and demand change, register for the 2020 census and vote for the upcoming presidential election.
Why do we do what we’re doing?
This election represents a monumental opportunity to bring lasting change in the political/social/economic landscape of our country. We are not just voting for the next President.
1. You are voting for the “down” ballot, to keep the House and to gain majority of the Senate in Congress
2. Voting to prevent a 6-3 dangerous conservative majority on the Supreme Court (87-year-old Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg recently passed away on September 18th. This alone should be enough for historic turnout)
3. Voting for federal judges
Host: Chickaro Martin
Guests: Tanya Golash-Boza, Author and Sociologist
CLICK: FIND OUT HOW TO VOTE EARLY IN YOUR STATE
Zoom Meetings: Oct. 7, Every Wednesday @ 7:30 PM
Design Community Wellness: Vote 2020 + Census 2020
Meeting ID: 812 4865 9473. Password: 581322
Host: Chickaro Martin www.chickaromartin.com
TXT 202.410.4202 / RunWithChickaro To The Polls NOV 3
Build Trust , Raise Awareness, Take Action, Analyze Root Cause – Take Action = VOTE